Last updated September 28, 2018
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account in the Isuzu Owner's Club, fill out a form, get a quote, request information, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise contact us. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, country, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, company name, VIN numbers for your Isuzu trucks, and any other information you choose to provide.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log and Usage Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, app version, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: When you use our Dealer Locator function, we may ask your permission to access the location of your device. If you grant permission for us to access your location, we may collect this information in accordance with your permissions. You can stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We also obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information from mailing list providers and publicly available sources. In addition, when you make a purchase at one of our dealerships, the dealership will share information about your purchase with us. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you directly.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to help you review and purchase Isuzu trucks. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Isuzu Truck and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Isuzu Truck and others;
- Personalize and improve your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests and browsing and purchasing behavior;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, fulfilment companies, and consultants that perform services for us
- When you request a quote, we will share your information with local dealerships so that they can contact you with a quote and other information;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Isuzu Truck or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Isuzu Truck and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Isuzu Truck is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S. By using our Services, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
You may update, correct, or delete your information at any time by contacting us at the address provided below or, if you are a member of the Isuzu Owner's Club, logging into your IsuzuCV account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please contact us using the information below, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, postal mail, or phone calls from Isuzu Truck by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at the address provided below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Isuzu Commercial Truck of Canada
6205 B Airport Road, Suite 410
Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1E3